EU Alumni Perspective: Ashley Thiel

Name: Ashley Thiel

Graduation Year: 2012

Major: Business Administration

Current Position: Senior Marketing Manager

City and State: Montana

Tell us about your career and what you do now.

In the ten years since I left Evangel, I’ve been involved in marketing and events in all sorts of ways. From non-profit organizations and small private companies to large global corporations. My current organization, PwC, provides professional services across two segments: Trust Solutions and Consulting Solutions. Within these segments we bring a range of capabilities to help organizations solve faster, solve more, and realize more value.

These capabilities include cloud and digital, deals, ESG, cybersecurity and privacy, governance/boards, risk, transformation,  tax services, managed services and much more across a network of more than 327,000 professionals in 155 countries. I support the Managed Services practice, which sits within Consulting Solutions, and includes 18+ offering teams. I help teams go-to-market through a One Firm digitally enabled, Economic Buyer-first approach.

As the lead strategic tactic owner, I guide each team to implement marketing tactics across several functional areas of the marketing mix including advertising, analyst relations, brand, communications, digital and social marketing, events, public relations, thought leadership, and sales tools to support the marketing strategy.

What is your favorite memory from Evangel?

I feel like I made the most during my 3 years at EU. Including intramurals, mission’s trips to Africa and representing our class on multiple boards, I couldn’t have asked for a better college experience. I developed close relationships with the faculty and staff — and cultivated friendships that are still my best friends 10 years later.

How did Evangel help you identify/develop your calling?

My Strategic Management class with Professor Ted Papit helped confirm the career path I wanted to pursue. Through various problem-solving projects to real life business situations, it was the first time I felt passionate to have a career in business.

How did your experience at Evangel prepare you for life after graduation?

The overall experience at Evangel equipped me for life. I don’t know if you’re ever ready for the real world, but I gained a foundation of who I was and who I wanted to be after graduating. The staff in the Business Department took an interest in me from my first day at Evangel to my last. They’re still there for me ten years later, which is something I don’t take for granted.

What advice would you give a current student preparing for the workforce?

Take every opportunity; don’t be set on one city or one job. Be open to anything, you never know where one job may lead you. Step out in faith and have no regrets.

What would you look for if you were in a position to hire new graduates from Evangel?

Someone that’s willing to learn and work hard, who’s not afraid of taking a risk and excited about new challenges.