EU Alumni Perspective: Tresor Yenyi

Name: Tresor Yenyi

Graduation Year: 2014

Major: Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL)

Current Position: Founder of Mwangaza International

City and State: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo

Tell us about your career and what you do now.

I lead Mwangaza International, a nonprofit organization in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I oversee projects that are transforming the lives of vulnerable communities through access to safe water, education, economic empowerment, and medical care.

What is your favorite memory from Evangel?

Conversations with my professors at the end of class were my favorite time. They are the most loving and encouraging people I know.

How did Evangel help you identify/develop your calling?

Evangel helped me understand what the Lord expected of me. I was equipped to build a grassroots organization into a ministry that is changing lives. To put it simply, I don’t believe that my ministry would have the impact it has without my experience at Evangel through the MOL program. The projects I run today in Congo originated from class projects for the MOL. My professor’s and colleagues’ suggestions have helped shape a ministry that is transforming lives.

How did your experience at Evangel prepare you for life after graduation?

My experience at Evangel equipped me academically and spiritually. The MOL gave me the “know how” while keeping eternity in sight. I learned to get the job done without forgetting that people need Jesus.

What advice would you give a current student preparing for the workforce?

You are blessed to be in an environment that prepares you to change the world. View each class as preparation for the mission field. You are only safe where God wants you. Trust Him with your future.

What would you look for if you were in a position to hire new graduates from Evangel?

I would look for a person who is passionate about Jesus and willing to let Him use his or her talents to advance the kingdom of God.