Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
LinkedIn

EU Alumni Perspective: Ashley Thiel

Name: Ashley Thiel

Graduation Year: 2012

Major: Business Administration

Current Position: Marketing Manager

City and State: San Francisco, CA

Tell us about your career and what you do now.

My first job out of college was at Joyce Meyer Ministries, working in the Hand of Hope Department. I knew I wanted to have a career in marketing and events. After working in non-profit for a year, I had an interest in working for a large Fortune 500 Company. I moved back home to Montana and accepted a position with ConocoPhillips, where I worked for three years. I gained exposure to a large corporation and learned how to navigate a global organization. I still had a desire to be in a full-time events type of role.

An opportunity opened up with a real estate training and coaching company in San Diego, California. That’s where I really dove into corporate event planning full time. After two years, I had the opportunity to gain a new experience and challenge with a large manufacturing organization in Pennsylvania.

My most recent role, NAFTA event manager for CNH Industrial, New Holland, gave me the opportunity to travel all over the U.S. and Canada. I gained global exposure to supply chain, marketing, and food security. My new adventure is with PwC in San Francisco, California. I believe this is going to be another exciting challenge that will take my career to the next level. I’ll be doing marketing and consulting for the Internal Firm Services team in the Northwest!

What is your favorite memory from Evangel?

My favorite memory of Evangel is hard to pinpoint; the three years that I attended Evangel was a blast. One memory that stands out is the 2012 Junior/Senior Banquet on the Branson Belle. It was a great night with all my closest friends!

How did Evangel help you identify/develop your calling?

The various classes at Evangel really helped identify my calling. Specifically Strategic Management with professor Ted Papit. It was the first time I really felt like I was called to a career in a large corporation. I also felt a sense of family my entire time at Evangel.

How did your experience at Evangel prepare you for life after graduation?

The overall experience at Evangel equipped me for life. I don’t know if you’re ever ready for the real world, but I gained a foundation of who I was and who I wanted to be after graduating. I specifically learned to be a light in the workplace, which is something I’ve tried to portray at every job I’ve had thus far in my career. The staff in the Business Department took an interest in me from my first day at Evangel to my last. They’re still there for me eight years later, which is something I don’t take for granted.

What advice would you give a current student preparing for the workforce?

Take every opportunity; don’t be set on one city or one job. Be open to anything, you never know where one job may lead you. Step out in faith and have no regrets!

What would you look for if you were in a position to hire new graduates from Evangel?

Someone that’s willing to learn and work hard, who’s not afraid of taking a risk and excited about new challenges.

Categories: Cultivate